Gambling Addiction Self-Test
Gambling addiction is an all-consuming need to gamble despite negative consequences. The following gambling addiction self-test can help determine if you or a loved one is battling a gambling addiction. If the answer is yes, treatment for gambling is available.
Answer yes or no to the following questions honestly:
- Have you ever missed school or work because of gambling?
- Have you ever felt guilty after gambling?
- Have you ever gambled to pay back debts or solve financial problems?
- After winning have you ever felt a strong urge to return and win more? After losing did you ever feel a strong urge to return and win back your losses?
- Have you ever borrowed money or sold anything to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Has gambling ever made you consider suicide?
- Have you ever gambled to escape arguments, trouble, boredom, or loneliness?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you or your loved one may have a gambling addiction.
If you think that you or someone you love is battling a gambling addiction, treatment is available. A quality addiction treatment program can assess individual treatment needs and provide the appropriate therapies needed to build a strong foundation for recovery. Call 800-993-3869 now confidentially. Chat Privately
24/7 all conversations are confidential