Drug Addiction Self-Test
If you are concerned about your drug use, it is advisable that you seek help from your primary physician or a drug rehab immediately. If you do not feel ready to speak openly with a doctor about your concerns, you may explore this simple series of questions. When we are honest about are using, we no longer hide the reality of addiction from ourselves through denial, anger, resentment or blame and become willing to accept the assistance of a drug treatment center.
If you or a loved one is addicted to drugs call 800-993-3869 now and speak with one of our trained coordinators to find a treatment center that is right for you. Our helpline is open 24-hours a day, 7-days a week and all calls are confidential.
Are You a Drug Addict?
If you answer yes or no honestly to the list of questions below, the result may guide you in the right direction. If you decide you need help, Recovery Connection can assist you in locating a quality drug rehab.
- Do you sometimes think you have a problem with drugs?
- Do you use drugs weekly?
- Do you experience mood changes when you do not take drugs?
- Do you take more than one type of drug at a time?
- Have you ever taken a drug without knowing what it was?
- Do you get angry when someone talks to you about your drug use?
- Do you take drugs to wake up or go to sleep each day?
- Do you take prescription drugs for reasons other than as prescribed?
- Has using drugs caused trouble at school or work?
- Have you ever lied to a physician to obtain more drugs?
- Have you promised yourself you would no longer take drugs, but have been unable to keep your promise?
- Have you lost friends because of your drug use?
- Have you bought drugs despite the financial hardships?
- Have you gotten into trouble with the law over your drug use?
- Have you stolen to obtain drugs?
- Do you experience drug cravings (intense physical and psychological need for a drug)
- Have you ever overdosed?
If you answered yes to two or more questions, it might be a sign of a drug problem. If you answered yes to four or more questions, you likely have a drug problem and should seek professional help from a drug treatment center.
Drug Addiction Rehab
Drug addiction treatment should include:
- Life skills programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Medication management
- Nutrition and exericse counseling
- Relapse prevention
- Family therapy
- Individual and group therapy
- Aftercare planning
- Addiction education
24/7 all conversations are confidential